Science in Bristol
Explore At-Bristol Interactive science centre
Looking for a fun family day out? Explore-At-Bristol is one of the biggest and most exciting interactive science centres in the UK. Explore has hundreds of hands-on science exhibits to explore, live shows and a Planetarium. Fun education and a great day out for children.
The science centre is perfect for fun days out for adults and children alike. Test your mind and body in all sorts of ways. Take an unbelievable journey through the world and start to understand how it works, and why we work!
The Bristol Planetarium is housed in a spectacular chrome sphere. Visitors can watch night sky shows in the 90-seater Planetarium. Since opening, the Planetarium in Bristol has attracted photographers, film crews and tourists alike. Stay at our B and B near the city centre and you’re minutes away from the Planetarium and Science Centre.
Things to do in Bristol at the science centre:
- Sit back in the Planetarium and learn about the stars.
- Learn how to find your way around the cosmic universe.
- Find out now your brain ticks
- Understand your memory
- Test your own strength and staying power with a series of inventions
- Join in with live science and interactive shows
- Try hands-on experiments
- Play with light
- Feel the force of vibrations and sound
- Be a star
- Learn about animation
- Experience space
- See how space research has changed our lives
And so much more …
How to get to the science centre and Planetarium
The Whitehouse Guestrooms hotel near Bristol Science Centre is ideally situated for visiting Explore-At-Bristol.
- Walk to Explore in 13 minutes
- Drive to Explore in 8 minutes
At-Bristol is a registered charity and one of the UK’s leading science and discovery centres, where exploration and education go hand in hand with a fun day out. Visit them at: www.at-bristol.org.uk
Days out address:
At-Bristol, Anchor Road, Harbourside, Bristol, BS1 5DB
Sat Nav Reference: BS1 5LL
‘Explore At Bristol’ Science Centre, take your time
For good value bed and breakfast, use our comfortable, spacious guest rooms as your base for an exciting break in Bristol. Children and families welcome. Relax after a great day out in Bristol.
Bed and breakfast facilities:
- En-suite bathrooms in all guest rooms
- Colour TV with FreeView (40 channels) in all guest rooms
- FREE wi-fi broadband access in all guest rooms
- Tea and coffee making facilities in all guest rooms
- Double glazed windows in all guest rooms
- Towels provided for all guests
- Continental breakfast served to all guests
Situated in a quiet residential street close to the city centre. FREE private parking for all residents. This family run guesthouse is one of the best B and Bs in Bristol, so check availability now.
- en-suite bathroom
- colour TV with FreeView (40 channels)
- FREE parking
- FREE wi-fi Internet access
- tea and coffee making facilities
- towels provided
- simple continental breakfast
Whitehouse Guest Rooms B&B
28-30 Dean Lane
t: 0117 9537 725
contact our Bristol B&B
- Great B&B rates
- No reservation fees!
- FREE parking
- Secure online booking
- FREE WIFI
- B&B near Bristol city centre
- Great for weekend breaks
- Easy access to Bristol Airport
Our B&B accepts payment by most major credit and debit cards.
Secure online bookings are with SagePay.
Please note: We have a 48 hour B&B cancellation policy, which means that no refunds are available if you cancel within 48 hours of your booking.